Re: Numlock as standard?

Marcus Zingmark wrote:

How do I get Numlock to be on as standard in Fedora Core 4? Would like it for all users if possible.

/// Marcus

If using Gnome, the following works for fc3 :-)

GNOME Tips
Numlock

Some users like to have the numlock turned on automatically, something that I don't think GNOME currently does. The solution is to install a tiny binary that turns on the numlock for you, and have GNOME run that at startup.

You can install the numlock binary by downloading and installing the following rpm:
numlock-0.1-0.0.yjl.1.i386.rpm

If you have configured yum to use my YJL Packages repository, you can just (as root) run:

yum install numlock

Once numlock is installed, go to the Applications menu, select the Preferences menu, select the More Preferences menu, and finally the Sessions menu option.

Select the Startup Items tab, and click on the Add button. You should get a window like this:

[Add Startup Program]

Enter /usr/bin/numlock into the Startup Command field. You don't really need to change the order, the default of 50 is fine. Click the OK button, and you are done. Next time you log into GNOME it will turn on the numlock for you.

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.