Re: Off topic: Hacker

Script kiddies are all over the place - You'd be much better off
spending the time to secure your system than going after them.

Just tell your friend to disable the ssh daemon if it's not needed.

Also see :
http://hotcripts.com/resources/tutorials/secure-server-securing/disable-direct-root-login.php