Re: Scanner issue

Title: Message

First thank you for the reply. I did the command as you stated and replaced the sgO with sg1 as Xsane stated

(I assume that when xsane says brother:bus4;devl, that would be sg1). I get the following error:

device not found in database

udevinfo: option requires an argument -- p

I am new to Fedora and any help is greatly appreciated. John

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 11:51 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 20:32 -0700, John Pearson wrote:

> > I am trying to setup my scanner which is a Brother MFC 8440 laser

> > printer/scanner/copier/fax.

> > I can use the scanner as root but not as a general user. It works

fine in Kooka and Xsane but only as root. How do I get permission as a