Re: madwifi - Makefile.inc:122: *** KERNELCONF: /lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1372_FC3/build/.config does not exist.. Stop.

Daniel Normolle wrote:

Alex Janssen wrote:

Every time I've updated the kernel for Fedora Core 3, I've had to rebuild madwifi to get wireless working again. That's not the problem. This time when I tried to rebuild, I got the subject error message when I ran make. Anyone else tried this? Anyone know how to fix it. I obviously had all required packages installed in the past and the update process updated those packages. This time I told it to update all packages and it finished successfully. I couldn't find anything suitable in the archives for this list.

Thanks,
Alex

You need kernel-devel installed with FC3 2.6.12-1.1372 to
compile madwifi.  This was not true in previous kernels.

dpn

Thanks for the pointer. How's a body to know these things? I guess an un-aware user like myself should use a different distro. Maybe one that is not updated so much. What do you think?

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
Charlottesville, Virginia