Re: Samba mounted XP Shares and files with "%20" in the filenames

%20 is the hexadecimal encoding of the space character (decimal ASCII number 32). The web uses hexadecimal codes for many of the character which hold special meanings in the HTTP protocol.

As for how it will affect SMB, I don't know (I've never set up SMB before).

Hope this helped,
Justin

David Niemi wrote:
There was a thread a little while ago about fixing the smb mounted XP
shares that had file names with "%20" where all the spaces were but I
can't seem to find it or the resolution. I think it had something to do
with the character set or code pages selected, and I thought I kept it
but I guess I didn't.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?