Re: help on configuring the internet setttings

On Fri August 12 2005 12:49 am, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Pushparaj Shetty wrote:
> > Hi all!, I have installed FC4. But gave option automatic n/w config
> > via DHCP. But now though installation is successful , i am connected
> > to internet. Please tell me how do I configure manually to give my IP,
> > gateways and DNS adresseses now.
>
> 1. /etc/sysconfig/network
>   This file contains information about your hostname, and default gateway
>
> i.e.
> [dmz /var/log/samba]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network
> NETWORKING=yes
> CHOSTNAME=hostname.domain.com

Well, all that's useful stuff, but, if he just wants to manually configure the
settings he named, he can click on Kmenu/system settings/Network(network
configuration) if he's booted in KDE - for Gnome, the names are slightly
different, but the menu item is there...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA