Re: Gott in Himmel! Firefox speaks German!

Hallo

=== Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:52:58 +1000
=== Shelagh Manton <oneida@xxxxxxxxxx>

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:32:25 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
> > Shelagh Manton wrote:
> >> Umm.. Yes that is my problem, Firefox is apeaking german to me and
> >> the only german I know is off Hogan's Heroes. (And what I've
> >> picked up from working out what the labels do) What file do I have
> >> to change to get back to normal english? Or maybe there is cause
> >> to be worried since I've no idea how this happened.
> >>
> >> Shelagh
> >>

> > Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Languages/Content
> >
> > Mike
> >
> Thanks for (all your prompt replies) However, I actually have changed
> the language settings and nothing changes.
>
> bearbeiten -> einstelungen -> allgemein -> sprachen
>
> I logged in as root just to see what language that firefox spoke and
> it was in English. This suggests that the setting in my home folder
> are wrong. Is it possible to delete the .mozilla folder and start
> again as if I'd just installed firefox, or would this break things?

I think a better way is to create a new user, then check this language
settings and when correct copy them to _your_ home.

I believe you will have to save your bookmarks...so you should rename
your .moz first.

> Shelagh

Thomas