RE: MySQL/PHPMyAdmin on FC3 Connection Problem

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 11:21 -0700, Shadow wrote:
> I am having trouble setting up PHPMyAdmin 2.6.3 on my FC3 box running
> MySQL 3.23.58 and PHP 4.3.11-2.6.  I am familiar with PHPMyAdmin but am
> having trouble this time.  I edited the config file and installed it on
> the server but when I try and connect, I get an error #2003--server not
> responding. I get the same error if I try to access PHPMyAdmin from the
> linux box itself with a browser window, but can sign on to the MySQL
> server from the command line, so I know it it running.  I can get the
> default web page so I know httpd is running.  I opened the firewall
> (firestarter) port 3306 to make sure it was not blocking.  I worked on
> this for a full day now.......anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like a credentials (username/password) problem. Is there an error
message in the httpd error log? Works perfectly in FC4.
--
Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm