Re: How To setup a no-keyboard, no-mouse, no-monitor box

kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi List;

I want to create a server that does not require a keyboard, mouse or monitor once installed. I'll do all the admin via ssh remotely.

Will Fedora boot and run without the kb, mouse & monitor ?

Fedora doesn't really care, however the BIOS of the machine may not
like it.  You have to go into the BIOS and turn off keyboard and/or
mouse errors.  Once that's done, Fedora is quite happy.  Note that if
you do boot into X on Fedora without a mouse and then plug one in,
X may not notice it.  However, usually a quick CTRL-ALT-F1 followed
by an ALT-F7 usually gets it back.  90% of all servers, however, boot
to run level 3 (text mode), not 5 (which is the GUI run level).
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     Try to look unimportant.  The bad guys may be low on ammo.     -