Re: making Samba work [new detail]

On Tue August 9 2005 8:52 am, Paul Howarth wrote:

> What's in /etc/rndc.conf?

options {
        default-server  localhost;
        default-key     "rndckey";
};

server localhost {
        key     "rndckey";
};

include "/etc/rndc.key";

> What's in the "controls" section of your named.conf (the one in the
> chroot, which there should be a symlink to from /etc)?

here is something new to me - I have been reading on this subject for several
days, and somehow missed the need to have named.conf in /etc be a symlink to
the one in chroot - it makes perfect sense

> Is there a `include "/etc/rndc.key";' in both files,
no - I asked about that very issue several posts back, but I guess you missed
that - I spotted that discrepancy in the Redhat documentation and asked about
it, but no one responded - I had the 'include' statement in rndc.conf but not
in named.conf - this is just from default installation - Redhat docs
mentioned it being needed in named.conf but didn't mention this line in the
rndc.conf doc at all - I had asked whether it should be in both - made sense
to me....

> and a symlink:
> /etc/rndc.key -> /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key

this I've done per your suggestion of a couple of posts back

I guess my next step is to delete the named.conf in /etc, and create a symlink
there, instead, to the one in chroot, and then put the 'include' statement in
it...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA