Re: making Samba work [new detail]

Claude Jones wrote:
Some progress: I deleted the lines you suggested from named.conf and I removed the rndc.key from /etc, then created a symlink in /etc to the rndc.key file in /var/named/chroot/etc

Now, I get the following when I restart named:

[root@viewridgeproductions2 ~]# service named restart
Stopping named:                                            [FAILED]
Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
[root@viewridgeproductions2 ~]#
It can't stop the service, but it can start it now...

Does "rndc status" work?

This hasn't cured the original problem which started this whole thread, but, fixing broken things, even if only partially, is good ;-)

Do you still have "search com" in /etc/resolv.conf ?

Paul.