Re: Kat - Desktop Search Engine for Linux [Tried Beagle?]

Jeffrey Mutonho wrote:

On 4/21/05, PA <petite.abeille@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 20, 2005, at 23:26, Jeffrey Mutonho wrote:

Download:

http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=24&sec=3

Well I'm really looking at a tool that I can use to do  string
searches for files in a CVS repository.
Something like FishEye perhaps?

http://www.cenqua.com/fisheye/

Cheers

Thanx for the suggestion.Was hoping for something OpenSource.
jeff

Have you looked at Beagle? Sponsored by Novell, it is a full text indexing and retrieval system.

The official documentation is here:

http://beaglewiki.org/Main_Page

I've begun to document my real world experience with Beagle and Fedora Core 4:

http://www.antezeta.com/beagle_fedora.html

There are still a few open issues I've indicated I want to address; feedback is welcome.

You should also be able to install Beagle on FC 3, but I haven't done this with the latest Beagle version.

Sean