Re: Screensvers on FC4

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 13:23 -0400, Harol Hunter wrote:
> Reading the messages of the list I found out how to install Screensacers
> on my FC4 so after the
> # yum list "*screensaver*"
>
> Setting up repositories
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Installed Packages
> xscreensaver-base.i386                   1:4.21-4               installed
> Available Packages
> xscreensaver-extras.i386                 1:4.21-4               base
> xscreensaver-gl-extras.i386              1:4.21-4               base
>
> I did
> # yum install "*screensaver*"
> I realize that those packages actually weren't on fedora extras repo
> site even when they appears on filelist.xml
>
> Can anybody tell why were they removed from the repo?
>
> I'll preciate your help

I think you may be confusing the output of the list command.  The
"extras" is just a part of the package name, not a reference to the repo
that contains it.  The repo is in the final column and declares that
both of those packages are in the "base" distribution, i.e. on the
original CDs.  So the fact is that they were simply not installed when
FC was installed on that system perhaps through some choice of your own
when customizing the packages to be installed, though I would surmise
that the reason the "name" of the package has the phrase "extras", that
they are not installed "by default"....

--Rob