Re: CD mount problem after DVD rip

jim branagan wrote:
I used to be able to write and rip audio CD's, with cdda2wav and cdrecord, and write data CD's with xcdroast, and to mount data CD's and open them to copy out contents. I am using a Memorex CD-writer/DVD-rom drive.

The other day I mounted and read data from a data DVD.

Now I can't rip, write or mount CD's anymore.

What you describe looks like somebody lost track of the
"process using device count". It thinks that there is
a process whose working directory is on that disc, or that
some process has the disc open. I have noticed (FC2) a
tendency in this direction. AFAICT, it requires a reboot
to free that up.

I'm careful not to kill xterms (or gnome-terms) by clicking
on the [X] in the right hand corner any more, as this can
certainly (again, FC2) result in what you experience. It's
frustrating not being able to remove a floppy disc. I have
a pretty active sneakernet here, and have learned the hard
way.

YMMV

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.