Re: making Samba work [not yet, it turns out]

Hi

There is nothing you must do to configure WINS.  Specifying that it is enabled
is enough.

To make things easier to debug, add the following entry to the global section
of the sm.conf

log file=/var/log/samba/smb.log.%m
log level=3

restart samba
try to connect again with that windows box
now examine the log file
go to the directory /var/log/samba and you should see a file that ends with
the ip address of the misbehaving box.  Examine it and if you don't
understand what it says, please post it here.

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to Green Day - Having A Blast

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/