Re: Driver for ATI Mobility Radeon X700 under FC4

johan.lozano@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi list,

I juist installed FC4 on a brand new Acer Aspire 5024 WLMi
how has a ATI Mobility Radeon X700 video adapter an a Broadcom 802.11/g
wireless network card.
Does anybody knows what driver is suitable for this kind of video card
since it is not detected by the system?
Same problem voor for the network adapter.

Any kind of help would be great.

Johan

Johan Lozano
MicroBit, Duffel
E-mail : johan.lozano@xxxxxxxxxx

GPG key : 9A9FBFE1

Suggest you explore http://rpm.livna.org. They have a pre-built driver rpm for the ATI Radeon and ndiswrapper as a FC4 rpm plus quite a bit of other stuff that can be either handy or interesting. I've been really happy with ndiswrapper's functionality. It would be nice if Broadcom would release a Linux driver for their wireless NIC but, until they do, ndiswrapper works. If you're running a 32 bit version of FC, the Windows driver provided by Acer should work with ndiswrapper. If you're running an x86_64 rendition of FC4, there is a 64 bit version of the Windows driver for the Broadcom NIC available on the net (the ubuntu Linux forums had a copy when I found it).

Cheers,
Dave