Re: cron.monthly runs on 7/31 and 8/1

Patrick Nelson writes:

FC3 updated

One of my systems ran the monthly cron jobs in /etc/cron.monthly on 7/31 and also on 8/1. Does anyone know what would cause this? I did check that there were not duplicates there.

The 7/31 run was probably kicked off by anacron, because your system was probably turned off on July 1st at 4:42am, so cron.monthly did not run at that time, and since then your system wasn't on enough, continuously, since then, for anacron to pick up the slack, until the 31st.