Re: FC4 installation doesn't work

Juan wrote:

Hi.
I bought the CDs from Linux central and they tested OK.
I have FC3 installed in this box and its installation was a breeze.
Now when trying to install/upgrade to FC4 I go through the Anaconda process till the moment it should begin to ask for the language. At this point the screen turns totally white so I can't keep installing. Is there a way to overcome this? Has someone had this kind of problem and solved it?
Thanks in advance
Juan

You are experiencing a problem with a Cyberblade videocard in most probability. There is a file that Scott posted the bug report and the file that needs to be replaced which will stop you from getting the white screen. The filename is libvgahw.a.
A more detailed message is below.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-June/msg04722.html

Jim

--
Laugh, and the world ignores you.  Crying doesn't help either.