Re: openoffice install

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 18:18 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 31.07.2005 schrieb brouwers roland lx um 18:09:
>
> > Trying to install Open Office 1.1.4
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I downloaded the file OOo_1.1.4_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz from
> > www.sun.com
> > no
> > When i installed the package with ./setup, I received the following
> > message:
> >
> > > glibc version: 2.3.4
> > > Xlib: connection to "cath.cat.be:1.0" refused by server
> > > Xlib: No protocol specified
> > >
> > > ./setup: cannot connect to X server cath.cat.be:1.0
> >
> > What does this mean?
>
> Your $DISPLAY variable is set to be cath.cat.be:1.0 and no X server is
> listening there or it is rejecting connections.
>
> > roland
>
> Alexander

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for your reply, but I do not understand what you are saying.
I visiting my client today, driving 120 km. I have to solve this problem
today.

It seems that OOo is not a beloved child for this community, because I
am asking questions about it for weeks, and mostly don't receive any
answer or a very short, unclear one.

I think that promoting linux is not only working on the server but also
on the workstations, in my case with VNC. It is hard to talk people into
leaving Microsoft, changing to Linux. But when there are to many
installation problems they for sure will make a step back.

I am just trying to deinstall OOo and reinstall the version of sun. But
even this is not possible. I am doing this because OOo calc is only
printing one page and in the preview the characters are falling of the
page, the first one. There is never a second page. Same installation on
my server, works well. So?

Please help me!

Thanks again
roland