From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John Aldrich
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:51 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: VNC problem

On Sunday 31 July 2005 08:41 pm, Marcus Lively wrote:

> > What happens if you try #vncserver -kill :1 and then restart it.

[john@slave1 tmp]$ vncserver -kill :1

Can't find file /home/john/.vnc/slave1:1.pid
You'll have to kill the Xvnc process manually

> Jim may have been on the right lines, just started vncserver myself and
> found a hidden .X1-lock under /tmp perhaps this is the one.

Nope. Not here... I just checked... no .X1-lock under /tmp, and no .X1-lock
anywhere else on the filesystem according to locate and find.

'Preciate everyone's suggestions, but so far none of them have worked...