Re: lost toolbar - bottom

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 01:17 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 8/1/05, david smethurst <davidjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > do you mean to delete ~/.kde and then reinstall?
> > i am running gnome, sorry should have said
> > david
>
> Well, then deleting ~/.kde wont do anything! I don't know where gnome
> keeps its settings, but see if there is a ~/.gnome directory. There
> will not be any need to reinstall.

As your normal user, in an xterm while your logged into gnome, try
running the command gnome-panel and see if that gets you started (it was
exit if there is a panel already running). Here are a couple of files
that I saw that might help if you have them.

/home/mike/.gnome2/session
/home/mike/.gnome2/main

Or are you looking for something else?  Because I remove the panel that
is at the top after install and use the one at the bottom, and I
customize it to my liking.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!