Re: Our (US) $s at work.

On Sunday 31 July 2005 11:47, Jeff Vian wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 09:49 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 31 July 2005 01:23, jdow wrote:
>> >Regardless of all points taken in this discussion think a moment
>> > of the humor of the whole thing, please. The repair for Linux is
>> > one file that is not even an executable. For my case it's the
>> > usr share file: "/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles"
>>
>> And how would one go about fixing it?, mine
>> (/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York) seems to be some compressed
>> format.
>
>This does not need fixing.  When/if the date/time of the change
> between standard and daylight times changes, your timezone file
> (New York | Los Angeles | whatever) gets replaced/updated and it
> automagically happens at the proper time.
>
>That file as you both have listed tells the system when to switch
> times. There are many of those files on your system, one for each
> official time zone area around the world.

Yes, but on this FC2 box, there is not to my knowledge, any mechanism
for auto-updating the file.  Can you elaborate on hwo this is done?

[... no Spider Robinson fans here I can see, but I'll still take the
cup of God's Blessing anyway the next time I'm down at the last key
with a bridge to it]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)