Re: Orinoco Gold 8470-WD on CF4

David Cary Hart wrote:
On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 16:17 -0400, Andy Oram wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement. The paokage is sharutils. I'm
downloading it now. (I did hope to push forward the
knowledge of the readers by my posting, not just to
complain.)

Andy

An alternative to MadWiFi is ndiswrapper which facilitates the use of
Windows drivers. Having used both on Atheros for some time, I get VASTLY
improved performance with ndiswrapper (YMMV). Ndiswrapper is available
from the Dag repo. The source and docs are here:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

Unfortunately, when I tried ndiswrapper with the D-Link card, I kept finding new and interesting ways to crash the kernel.

--

  Steve