Re: Our (US) $s at work.

> That doesn't work. 13 does not divide evenly into the 365.24 rotations
> the Earth performs as it revolves around the Sun once. Nor does 28
> divide evenly into the 27 days and 8 hours that elapse for every cycle
> of the moon.

We obviously need to move a large number of massive weights down near
the equator to slow the earth down till we achieve a nice round number
of days per year.  Say 256.  Each year the International Earth
Rotation Service http://www.iers.org/iers/ could issue a report
showing how well the tuning was working and if weights needed to be
added or removed. ;-)

More seriously, I was just struggling with leap seconds this morning,
trying to reconcile un*x time, GPS time, UTC time and TAI time.  What
is the current feeling in the linux community with respect to leap
seconds?  Does the kernel's time still jump around when a leap second
is applied or subtracted or can the corrections be applied in
user-space like the DST corrections are?

-wolfgang
      Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.