Re: kmail- cannot start process pop3

On Saturday 30 July 2005 11:05, neidorff wrote:
> I read my mail on the same computer that the mail server runs on.
> When I start kmail, it posts an error dialog:  "Cannot start
> process pop3" and then does not bring in my mail.

Do you have "check mail on startup" selected for any of your
accounts?  If so, does the error message still show up if you turn
it off?

Do you have more than one email account configured that might have
this setting?  If so, can you isolate which account is causing this
symptom?

Does selecting/de-selecting any of the suspect e-mail account's
parameters make a difference?

It may be helpful if you list some of the particulars about the
kmail e-mail account that you do isolate.

Did any of the account parameters change somehow?

Do you have any pop filters defined that might be a factor?

Does deleting the e-mail account and reconfiguring it from scratch
make a difference?

Regards, Mike Klinke