Printer problem

Hi All:

Since two requests to the kde list elicited no responses, I'll try here.

Since changing from FC3 to FC4 (KDE 3.4.1-0.fc4.1 Red Hat) I've had a problem
trying to print from KDE apps.  The problem only applies to the KDE apps,
everything else (Firefox, Abiword, etc) prints correctly.

Something in the printer configuration is apparently not set correctly for
printing in kde.  The error message I get indicates, to
me, that there is a problem when converting text into printable (postscript)
form.  Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the error message?

The MIME type application/postscript is not supported as input of the filter
chain (this may happen with non-CUPS spoolers when performing page selection
on a non-PostScript file). Do you want KDE to convert the file to a supported
format?

The queue type is "Networked-Unix (LPD)" which I have been using since FC2
without problems until the FC4 final.

I've gone through the configuration files and didn't notice anything unusual.
I've also looked in the list archives which showed some people having similar
problems with the FC3 version but unfortunately, the archives don't show the
downline responses.

I also tried adding a new user from scratch but printing is working fine for
that account.

Can anyone tell me where to look or what to do with the filters to solve this
problem?  Which files is printing information stored in?

contents of ~/.kde/share/config/kdeprintrc

[$Version]
update_info=kdeprintrc.upd:kde-3.1-toolbar

[CUPS]
Host=localhost
InstallDir=
Login=root