Re: FC3 and 440GX

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Fr, den 29.07.2005 schrieb Peter Smith um 18:13:

Peter,

I had to use the archive to find out to which original posting your are
replying. It would be good to mention the reference in the beginning
line.
Anyway, you are answering to a posting from November 13th 2004!

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&m=110032226927673&w=2

What's the reason for replying to such old list mails? Just wondering.

Quote from http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc1/#AlanCox:

o	System hangs reporting SCSI timeouts or at the IDE probe
	and "ide=nodma" does not help.

	If this is an Intel 440GX board, await errata news

	For other SMP boards please try "noapic"

	You may also need to set the BIOS MP to "MP 1.1" if you can

Alexander

Alexander--I do realize I was responding to a message from November of last year. I did not think that would be an issue--I apologize. I was also already aware of the 440GX problem which Alan Cox mentioned, but that was for Fedora Core 1. Besides, the problem I am having is similar to what you were experiencing under Fedora Core 3. So, have you worked around it or are you on different hardware and/or software now? My system is an acpi system and not apm, so acpi is working correctly. I think I'm going to have to take this issue to the devel list as I think it is a bit low-level. Any details?

Thanks,
Peter