Fedora Core 4 & SATA: Installs fine, panics on reboot

I just installed FC4 on a new Dell Optiplex GX280. Install went fine onto the drive, which is SATA. On reboot, kernel panicked, unable to find any logical volumes. So, the installed kernel must not have SATA support whereas the kernel that the installer CD boots must have. What's the easiest way to fix this at this point? I've googled and checked this list's archives, but everything I've found thus far related to people who couldn't even install because Fedora's installer could not even find the SATA drive. However, since my install went fine, I appear to have a slightly different problem.

Thanks,
Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio