Re: Videos?

V P wrote:

On 7/26/05, Jesse Jarzynka <jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey all, why on FC4 can nautilus only preview .mpg videos? For .avi and
.wmv it just shows the icon, not the video preview. Also xine will only
play .mpg, but mplayer will play them all. I have all the codecs
installed obviously since mplayer will play them, but why can't nautilus
or xine see anything but .mpg?

For xine you will have to download the "essential codecs" and
"additional binary codecs" tarballs from the mplayer site (
www.mplayerhq.hu ). Both have install instructions on how to use with
xine. Once installed, you shouldn't have any problems with .avi & .wmv
files on xine.

Again, it already works with mplayer, and it works on my FC3 box. I'm starting to think it's a system wide thing because nautilus will only preview the .mpgs and not the others. I'm using all the same codecs I have on my FC3 box and xine and mplayer work with all of them on that. This is very weird, and it does it on both my FC4 boxes. -Jesse