Re: Frozen menubar in 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4

Hi!

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:56:47 -0400
From: Robert Cahn <robertscahn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Frozen menubar in 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4

I'm beginning to experience a problem with the system.  When I go to
the Desktop menu when the system starts getting weird (aps not
launching or abending) to shutdown the entire menubar freezes. Anything on the desktop that has a launcher can be started but I can't
stop the system without doing a BRS (big red switch).

Unfortunately this also happens to me, however CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE always brings me back to the login screen.

I have no idea yet why and when this happens, usually then when I expect it the least - a customer calling, me wanting to start a gnome terminal or vnc to connect to their system and plonk - the app doesnt start from the menu. Usually then it just takes a few seconds to maybe half a minute before the desktop completely freezes. During this time, desktop icons can be clicked (and turn selected) but not longer being opened, then they freeze too. CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is the only way out then.

Regards
Philipp