Re: assigning multiple ip addresses to NIC on bootupm, how?

I tried setting up an ifcfg-eth0-range0 file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

with the following inside the file :

IPADDR_START=192.168.1.3
IPADDR_END=192.168.1.10
CLONENUM_START=0
NO_ALIASROUTING=yes

This didn't work when I rebooted. Looking at the service calls during bootup, it said "OK" for the ifcfg-eth0-range0 service but when it got to the httpd service, the extra addresses weren't recognized and the httpd couldn't bind to the virtual ip addresses I'm specifying in my httpd.conf file. And, of course when I run ifconfig, it only shows the original address I have setup for this NIC: 192.168.1.2 and the loopback interface.

Additionally, when I run the "Network" tool in Gnome, this program doesn't like this new file I made at all.

Mike, is there some other configurations that need to be set besides the ifcfg-eth0-range0 file that need to be set in order for this to work. I already have a ifcfg-eth0 file with this inside:

# Linksys|Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NC100
DEVICE=eth0:1
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
HWADDR=00:04:5A:77:17:1C
IPADDR=192.168.1.2
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
IPV6INIT=yes

Oh, and "hip-hip hooray" for kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4.

Ferindo