RE: OOo 1.1.4 on FC3

On: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:57 PM, Gary Stainburn said,

>> I've got some FC3 systems with OOo 1.1.3 installed and I want to
>> upgrade to 1.1.4.
>>
>> When I run yum update openoffice it says there's nothing to update.
>>
>> What do I need to do to be able to get the latest OOo?

Fedora Core versions of many programs do not always match the version
number of their up-stream counterpart.  When the FC version is released,
it has version numbers that do match.  Then, as patches are applied
upstream, they are back ported to the FC version.  You can look in the
changelog for the RPM you have installed to see what has been done.
Since I don't have an installation of FC3 handy, you will have to do it
yourself.  Try this at a command prompt:

rpm -q --changelog openoffice.org | more

and you should see the changelog for the copy of OpenOffice on your
machine.  You may have to check the OpenOffice website to see what
changes happened in OOo 1.1.4 and see if you can find them in the
changelog for FC3's version.

Hope that helps.

--
Henry