Re: [Fedora] Re: Was (WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4) FC in production

--- "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
>
> >They must not use the Sound system.
> >

>     You're not running a server.  You're running a
> desktop client.  A
> server wouldn't need sound.  A server wouldn't need
> X either.  A server
> is just that, a server and isn't something you sit
> at the whole time and
> work off of.  That's what a client is for.  Whole
> different ball game.
> I too have several FC3 and FC4 SERVERS running
> without any problems.
>
> --
> W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape
> somewhere.

True, you would not need sound on a server only
machine. But the original poster was refering to
both desktop and server systems (he mentioned that
he was using fc1-4 on several desktops).

My point was for desktop usage, though I did not
make that clear.