XMMS and wma on FC4: EQualizer kills sound

My saga continues. I gave up on getting Rythmbox to play .wma files and have been using XMMS quite successfully. Today, I found the equalizer button and turned that on. It works great boosting base on .mp3 files. However, when the equalizer is on there's no sound from .wma files. Turn it off and the sound is back. I can't find any advice on Google about this. Any suggestions?

FYI

$rpm -qa |grep xmms
 xmms-wma-1.0.4-2.2.fc4
 xmms-1.2.10-16