Re: Did I make a mistake in starting with Fedora Core 4?

At 12:00 AM +0900 7/17/05, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
>Fedora List,
>
>    I'm just starting out on Fedora, and on this list. I get the
>impression from reading other messages here that this has been discussed
>a bit, so please forgive me trying to catch up.
>
>    I gather from other messages that Fedora Core 4 might be more buggy
>than Fedora Core 3. I had assumed when I was deciding to download and
>install Fedora that the latest would be the most refined and stable.
>    Was that an erroneous assumption? And, more importantly, would a
>beginner like me have an easier time with FC3? And can I even make the
>switch now that I have been using FC4 for about a week?

The purpose of FC is to make progress, not (just) to be stable.  Each new
release adds bugs and then tries to fix them over time.  If you have been
using FC4 for a week, you clearly got past most of the issues reported on
this list.

If you have issues with FC4, see if others have reported them and gotten
help.  Searching the list archive does not work, but here's a list mirror
to search:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

or use Google, but Google isn't as current:

    <search terms> site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list