Re: problem upgrading from FC3 to FC4

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 21:46 -0700, michael cartwright wrote:
> That worked so thanks very much.  I had actually
> considered changing that but was afraid that there was
> some wierd naming convention in fstab that was
> different from the way the partitions are usually
> named.  I program quite a bit and have so much stuff
> on that linux partition that it's a real pain to try
> to get everything back like it is now if I mess it up.
>  I'm curious about how the system was running at all
> since the swap device was apparently misnamed and it's
> been running perfectly for months now.  Anyhow, thanks
> again for the help.

You're welcome.

Your system may not have needed to swap. This can be quite common for
systems with an excess of ram, and there are more and more of these
given the drop in ram price.

"swapon -s" will show you all your swap devices (they can be disk
partitions or files) and their current usage.

Cheers, Ben