Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

--- "M.Lewis" <_fedoralist_@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

I've been on these lists since ver 5.2 I believe it
was. There are several others who have been here perhaps longer than me. I have NEVER done an UPGRADE. Always a clean install. I simply do not have the issues that I see people complaining about here.

I'm not trying to start a religious war here about
you should do this or that. Or say that anyone is wrong or whatever. I'm simply telling you what I do and the results. YMMV

Mike

--

You say everything works?
How about 'Sound Events' in KDE or Gnome?

If they work and are not distorted, tell the rest
of us how you got them to work; or maybe its the
hardware you using that makes it work.

Bruce, I can't tell you anything about Gnome. I tried it several versions ago and didn't like it. I use only KDE.

I can't address you question about sound events. No, I have NOT tried them. I can say that sound for me works with playing CD's, new mail, and gaim. I didn't tweak anything to get this to work.

As far as the hardware, this machine is maybe 2 years old. It has an old Voodoo 3000 video card, the sound is built it to the mobo. I'd have to look to see what it actually is.

Hope that helps a little.

Mike

--

 The less time planning, the more time programming.
  16:05:01 up  1:35,  9 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org