Re: Borland Kylix 3

Scott Taylor wrote:
Terry Kemp said:

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 09:39 -0700, Scott Taylor wrote:

Hi,

I just installed FC4 and trying to get Kylix up and running, it just
comes
up a mess: tool bars and menus are missing, windows all over the place,
fonts missing on buttons, error message windows don't pop-up at all, but
are in the task bar.  Anyone have any ideas what I need to do?

<snip>

I have seen the fix described as a font issue and resolved by setting
language? to US.

<snip>

Ah, that's it.  and the file to edit is: /etc/sysconfig/i18n
What a silly file name. =P

Changing that will affect every user and app on the system.

Nice of Borland to not support UTF-8.

An alternative might be to create a wrapper script for the errant application that sets LC_ALL or LANG to "C" before running the app.

Paul.