Re: running multiple copies of apache/httpd instances...

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 11:23 -0700, bruce wrote:

i want two separate copies of apache running on the same server, each using
a separate port #.

What end result are you trying to achieve? Why does it require two
instances?
One reason I could think of off-hand would be to guarantee connections.
i.e. very busy webserver which maxes out at times, but there may be an admin section for instance, which you wish people to always have access to (people being the admins, obviously), so running two seperate apache servers on the server will mean can have a connection count of MAX-100 for main server, and 100 on admin section (So box/line will not become overloaded).

This is only reason I can see why doing it would be an advantage.

Regards,

Sean