Re: FC3 Print Sharing

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:15 -0700, Steve Croteau wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I stopped the firewall on both computers, opened the server sharing to 'all
> hosts' then rebooted.
>
> After that I received a 'connection refused' message using the
> command:
>
> telnet 192.168.0.2 631
>

> http://localhost:631 in Firefox (on the server) shows a happy little
> deskjet-5550-2 ready to go.
>
> http://localhost:631 in Firefox (on the client) shows:
>
> Use system-config-printer to edit this!
> Location: hp on sjc
> Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
> "Network host '192.168.0.2' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds..."
> Device URI: http://192.168.0.2:631/printers/deskjet-5550-2
>
> What's interesting to me is that this device URI shows http.  In the print
> config GUI, I've selected IPP with only 192.168.0.2 in the Server field.
>
> I don't know what to do about this.  Apparantly it's stumping several of you
> smart guys.  Hmm...... what about the firewall built into the Netgear router?
> It was never an issue when I had SuSE 9.1 but could it play into this at all?
>
> Steve

Steve,

The firewall in the Netgear should not affect the LAN side.  Only
traffic between the WAN and LAN (AFAIK).  It appears that cupsd is not
accepting the connection.

The printer state from above is interesting.  Was the printer really
busy when you ran firefox?  IIRC that was the same error you were seeing
at the client.

Bob...