Re: Unsigned GFS update

Jonathan Allen wrote:
I put FC4 from the CDs onto a new bare machine yesterday.  No problems.
This morning I tried to bring it 'up2date'.  After the usual long delay
and chugging it started to download the RPMs and came up with:

   GFS-6.1.0-3.i386.rpm
   warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
   The package GFS-6.1.0-3 is not signed with a GPG signature.  Aborting ...

Several attempts (to try different mirror sites) all produced the same
results.  How do I move forward ?

There are a number of outstanding bugs in FC4's up2date and the associated applet. This is one of them. You're probably better off using yum but if you really want to stick with up2date, the fix for this is to install the Fedora GPG key:

# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Paul.