Re: does the bluetooth support under fc4 actually provide any services?

I hope to god that getting bluetooth services doesn't require all the manual stuff that the documentation discusses (manually adding device nodes, etc. etc). I'm assuming that it must provide some functionality or it wouldn't be one of the default services loaded on boot. I checked out the gnome-bluetooth stuff, doesn't seem to really do anyting useful. The filesharing didn't seem to integrate with nautilus as I believe it was intended.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Nelson" <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: does the bluetooth support under fc4 actually provide any services?

At 4:25 PM -0500 6/30/05, Matthew Lenz wrote:
If it does I can't find any documentation.  Where do I even start? ...

I'm new to Linux, so I'm often in the same boat. If a simple Google search doesn't turn up anything right away, I sometimes try looking in yum and rpm:

yum search <word>

This will list various packages (if you guessed a good word).

rpm -ql <pkgname>

This will list the files in a package. Look for man and doc. For example:

yum search bluetooth
rpm -ql gnome-bluetooth
rpm -ql bluez-utils | grep man