Mirroir list for FC4 updates

The mirroirlist pointed to by the released .repo file for updates-released contains URLs for worldwide sites. So, I guess its not supprising when I see yum attempting to access non-US sites (no insult intended to other countries), however this strikes me as inefficient, at the very least. The mirroir list does list a number of US sites first, which I guess in not good for someone updating from .ru, for example.

Am I missing something here, or is optimization (as in the fedora-core mirroirlist) wanting?