Re: FC4 good new tech, bad legacy support

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 03:04, Richard Kelsch wrote:
> An OS with an open-source community can not be tied down at the whim
> of a group of bearded men with a clean coding fetish.  It runs totally
> counter to the idea of software from the community.

Since you haven't, in all your ranting, mentioned a single specific
bug that we might hope could be fixed and certainly not fixed by
waiting, what is your suggestion to make things better here?  Fedora
doesn't control the C language or gcc versions.  If those move in a way
that breaks old stuff - or refuses to build old already-broken stuff,
what do you expect a distribution on a fast release schedule to do?
If you are going to criticize, be constructive.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx