Re: Create a partition for Windows 98? (FC3)

Would this work?

Boot using a FC3 (or FC4?) rescue CD. Make sure /dev/hda is unmounted,
then resize my filesystem to 32 gigabytes:
	#resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogicalVol00 32G

Reduce the size of the logical volume by 5 gigabytes to 32 gigabytes:
	#lvreduce -L-5G /dev/VolGroup00/LogicalVol00

Create a new 5000 MB linear logical volume named Win98 in VolGroup00:
	#lvcreate -L5000 -nWin98 VolGroup00

Check for errors and format the newly created volume:
	#mkdosfs -c /dev/VolGroup00/Win98

Edit the /boot/grub/grub.conf file to include a section to boot the
Windows partition or the installation CD. The mapping supposedly
prevents Windows from killing Linux:
	title Windows 98
	map (hd0,0) (hd0,2)
	map (hd0,2) (hd0,0)
	rootnoverify (hd0,2)

	title Windows 98 CD
	map (hd0,0) (hd0,2)
	map (hd0,2) (hd0,0)
	chainloader (hdc)+1

Reboot the computer, select the Windows 98 CD option from the GRUB
bootloader, insert the CD and install Windows 98. Reboot again and
select Windows 98 from GRUB.

That's the theory. It would probably work easily if my FAT32 partition
was on hda3, but getting it out of the free space in the Volume Group
would be twice as difficult (from my limited understanding). I am also
not sure if GRUB will boot something in a Volume Group. Furthermore, I
am not sure if Windows will like the fact that it's in a Volume Group.