Re: What thunderbird [1.0.2] files to save ?

Anand Buddhdev wrote:

Bob Goodwin wrote:

I'm about to remove and replace FC-3 with FC-4 and am in the process of saving configuration information. E-mail configuration files have always been a problem when changing to a new version. I would like to know what files or directories to save to keep existing messages and mail filters.

Just make sure you save $HOME/.thunderbird. It contains all your local mail and settings.

And for the future, you may want to consider having /home on a separate parition on the disk, so install a new OS on / without touching /home. That way, all your favourite settings and data are simple preserved.

Thanks.