Re: Adding SATA driver to kernel during OS installation

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I did try that approach and while the initial
installation did appear to go by without incident. After I rebooted the system
upon completion of the installation, I was confronted with the following error message:

				operating system not found

It would appear the drivers are loaded during the installation but are not retained thereafter.

That looks like a BIOS error meaning it can't find a bootloader on your hard disk, rather than a linux driver issue, which would only present itself sometime after the kernel had started running. Does your BIOS recognise your disk(s) and did you install grub in the MBR?

Paul.