fc4 install a nightmare - update

As an update

ssh soon stops running aftger about 2-3 minutes, even though I can't
login. Currently I am at the console.

I tried lsof -i, but, as expected, no ssh service listening.

netstat -tnap | grep 22

show's now service running?

I did setenforce 0, thinking it might be selinux.

I would like to ssh in.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan