Re: FC4 on PPC powerbook G4 1.5GHz - Unable to start X

On 6/28/05, Gabriel Labelle <glabelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed FC4 PPC on my 17" Apple Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz (ATI Radeon 9600)
> using text mode since trying to do a normal install would get me a black
> screen.
>
> Then on reboot I still get the black screen and I am unable to access a console.
> I also tried Xautoconfig and system-display-config and still get the black
> screen and still unable to access any console.
>
> I found someone with a similar problem at
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=56583
>
> Thank you for your time and help.

Yes, that was me.  I haven't had any luck with it.  I installed Ubuntu
and it worked without a problem, so I copied the xorg.conf file over
from that install to an install of FC4 and still no joy.  It's
something deeper than just getting the config file right, sadly.

Ubuntu works fine though.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx