Re: yum - lack of features

Hi

My impression is that this is - or was? - rather dangerous.

Yum prompts before adding or removing packages unless you override it with a switch in the command line or the configuration file.

Doesn't "yum remove <pkg>" also remove any packages which require <pkg>,
which may be rather a lot?

I tried the above once, and got in a mess;
"yum install" was not a straightforward inverse of "yum remove".

Reverse depending tracking is not really a straightfoward thing since they are not explicitly defined. However yum should be able to figure it out and give you the entire listing of dependencies for any given package

regards
Rahul